Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mojo Monday 163 - Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida


Hello, friends!  Did you vote yesterday?  I trust that the answer is a resounding "YES"!


Believe it or not, I created a card today for the Mojo Monday 163 challenge! 

I realize I have been relatively absent lately.  Trying to find a job is not much of a mojo generator!  But I needed a card for a fellow blogger who lost her husband this weekend after a long illness.  So devastating and so very sad.  I know I cannot even imagine her sorrow.

I decided to use some elements with a vintage feel.  My mom gave me a lot of old sheet music.  I would use it in every project if I could!  It may get monotonous, but I just love it.  The lace is from Hero Arts and the Prima roses were a gift from my friend Mona (thanks dear!).  The sentiment is from Verve and the die templates are my beloved Spellbinders(TM)


Well, my son Alan is graduating (B.A.) from the University of Florida in December!  He had to pass a French college equivalency exam  or take French in the spring and graduate next spring.  So he has spent the past month re-teaching himself French, as he had not touched it since high school.  He took the exam yesterday and found out this morning that he passed!  Not unusual for him to pass an exam, but he was so worried about this one.  Now on to the Physics GRE so that he can start graduate school next year.  Better him than me, for sure!

I hope to be back soon with something else to share ;-)

Till then,


 

7 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

What a tremendous amount of work you must have put into your card - so many details and loving touches to appreciate. Very very tasteful!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card. I'm sure your friend will appreciate all of the love that you have put into it.

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card. I'm sure that your friend will appreciate all of the love that you have put into it.

Carole Campanile said...

Your card is lovely. I know from experience that a handmade sympathy card means so much more. It's not just a sentiment; it's additional value is that someone took time to make it as well.

Congrats to your son on passing the French exam.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Deb! It's good to see you stamping!! Speaking of good - Good for Alan. Oh, to be young and able to retain large amounts of information for more than 10 minutes. LOL. And YES, I voted. I liked the results, too.

Unknown said...

WOWZA! This is gorgeous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card!